Friday, February 27, 2009

Tea Parties springing up all over the nation...











Looks like the previous post struck a chord across this nation! Not that I am the catalyst, that honor belongs to Santelli, but it seems that I am not alone! Today, I attended the Tea Party here in Houston. Not insanely big, but the people that did show up were nonetheless passionate about the nation, and the criminal kleptocracy that seems to have some sort of magic spell on Weaselton, DC. I don't have an exact number on how many were there, but there seemed to be a coupla-three hundred. I have some pictures, which I'll try to post up here. The speakers were a varied lot, from a young woman who emceed the gathering, to a very fiery preacher who just made sense. There was even a man who brought a pitchfork, festooned with signs. After a time, and after he had been seen by most, the cops came up and had him take it back to the car. No matter, his "point" had been made! I'll see if I can get a pic of him up as well, though it might be a grainy cell-phone shot.

It was great to meet new people, and welcome to those who have checked in here. I'm all for new friends and contributors to my little corner of the cyberspace world. Thanks to all who have checked it out, and to my new buddy who was kind enough to take some photos and forward them on to me! I don't give out names without permissions, and even then, I reserve the right to withhold that information as a means of ensuring privacy.

Here is a shot or several of the Houston Tea Party in progress, if it goes up.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Amir! It was great meeting you at the Houston Tea Party today! You can use my name - the way I see it, we need to put ourselves on the line now, if we want to accomplish anything. I really like your web site, and you have inspired me to set one up myself.

I have to admit it, of all the pictures, despite all the great signs that everyone made, I like the Elvis photo the best. Any event that is really significant must have at least one Elvis sighting, right? And think about it, Elvis grew up poor, had a dream, worked hard for it and achieved it - the embodiment of the American Dream. Yes, after great success, Elvis became lost and succumbed to drugs, but what a great life and inspiration! His ending was just a warning to those who do achieve success.

Perhaps today was the start of something much bigger, when people in this country wake up and realize it is wrong to expect others to pay their mortgage, and to pay high tax rates while they get a welfare check in the form of a so-called "Earned Income Tax Credit." Let us hope!

Amir Fazadh said...

Be sure to let me know when your blog goes up, I'll be sure to have some of my readers wander over and take a look-see! I'll link it, too.